By: Susan M. Graham, Certified Elder Law Attorney, Senior Edge Legal, and President of Boise at Home, Boise, Idaho
Are you concerned about how and where you will live as you grow older? How will you maintain your home and yard, get around town to shop, keep up to speed mentally and physically and maintain social connections? “Boise at Home” may be the answer. This local nonprofit “village” facilitates a network of members, volunteers and resources for its members, who are age 50+ and live in the Boise and Garden City, Idaho areas.
Membership benefits include:
- Transportation for errands, appointments, grocery shopping and events
- Light home maintenance and repairs by a contracted handyman.
- Yard and garden care
- Friendly visits: daily check-in calls, drop-in conversations, company to events
- Assistance with computers, cell phones, tablets and other electronic devices
- Activities such as our monthly Coffee, Conversation, and…Culture!, themed dinners, house parties, and learning programs determined by members
- Discounts on services from referred providers.
Only 75 Charter Memberships are available: $425 per individual or $552 per household for the first year – a 15% discount off the standard fees of $500 (individual) or $650 (household). Charter Members will also be guaranteed no increase in the regular membership fees for three years after the Charter Membership year ends. This fee, which supports Boise at Home operations (website, staff, utilities, events, etc.), ensures the sustainability for members to depend on. Compared to other, less desirable lifestyle alternatives, $35/month is a bargain!
If you want to take proactive steps now to protect your future as you age, and would like more information, or an informational visit from the Boise at Home Executive Director, Brossy Reina, please email email@example.com, or call 208-424-4663.
 Is this an issue you see for a loved family member, friend or neighbor?