By Susan M. Graham, Certified Elder Law Attorney, Senior Edge Legal, Boise, Idaho
It’s time to celebrate 2022 and new beginnings for 2023! You may want to take a few moments and write down your personal 2022 accomplishments and intention for your goals for 2023.
At Senior Edge Legal we had significant accomplishments in 2022.
- We returned to “in-person” meetings with our clients after almost three years of meeting remotely due to the pandemic. Thankfully none of us in the office have had Covid and we are all up to date on our vaccinations.
- Every quarter we set goals, and when they are accomplished we make a one-thousand-dollar charitable gift to a local charity each time. We are pleased to announce that we made gifts to the Idaho Alzheimer’s Association, Idaho Legal Aid Services’ Senior Program, the Idaho Humane Society and the Women and Children’s Alliance.
- Clients who return an Evaluation Form, after we have completed their work, voted to make an additional five-hundred-dollar gift to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- We completed numerous internal operational projects to meet our clients’ needs more efficiently.
- We started the process to hire an associate attorney to help our current and new clients accomplish their goals.
We, at Senior Edge Legal, are excited to have a fresh start and are already working on new goals for 2023.
- We are interviewing attorney applicants to work with our team to assist our clients.
- This year we will send two newsletters to our clients keeping them up to date on changes in the law and our office.
- There will be an in-person client workshop addressing issues that include: what is different in the post-Covid era, what to do about the impending recession, how to transition from one trustee to another, and other topics.
How about you? Is your estate plan current? Did something happen in 2022, or is there something you anticipate in 2023 that requires you to update/change your plan? If so, schedule a meeting with me to bring your plan “up to date” to give you peace of mind that your affairs are in order (phone 208-344-0375 or Contact Us on our website).
Undoubtedly you have thought of someone who could use our services. If so, please have them call us at 208-344-0375. Introductions and referrals are the lifeblood of our practice. Thank you.